About This Event
WHAT is the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day?
Join us for a day exploring the bike and run courses for the First Annual Crystal Coast Full and Half Booty Triathlon! Booty Practice Day 1 will include a no-drop group ride of the 56-mile bike course and run on a 6.5-mile portion of the run course. Weekend will also include options to drive the remainder of the run course and view the swim course and transition area.
Booty Practice Day Itinerary
- 7 am: Ride start
- TBD am (Various times by pace): Run groups start
- 11 am - 2 pm: FREE lunch all Booty Practice Day participants at Mill Whistle Brewing in Beaufort
Cost:Participation in the Booty Practice Day is FREE and all scheduled activities are OPTIONAL. Participants are required to secure their own transportation and lodging. Participants must also purchase their own meals except for lunch on Booty Practice Day.
There are MANY possible reasons to participate in the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day!
WHY join the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day?
- Focus your training for the May 9 event
- Ride or Drive the bike course
- Run or Drive the run course
- View the swim course
- View the transition area
- Meet other event participants
- Confirm your lodging plans
- Scout out other lodging opportunities
- Investigate attractions and activities for you and your support crew on event weekend
- Explore and experience local restuarants to build your event weekend itinerary
- Sample craft beers at Mill Whistle Brewing
- Free Lunch!
- Enjoy a getaway weekend at the Crystal Coast!
WHO can Participate?
- Registration for the Crystal Coast Triathlon is NOT required to participate in the Booty Practice Day.
- Those who register are NOT required to participate in the ride, run or any/all of the designated activities.
- Individuals may extend or repeat the ride or run course at their own preference.
- Individuals can participate in optional activites according to their own preferences and goals.
Other DetailsThe Booty Practice Day weekends are NOT SANCTIONED and are only minimally supported. Participants must be equipped to handle any individual mechanical, nutrition, and hydration needs during the practice ride and run.
Booty Practice Day registration is requested for planning and tracking purposes.
Depending on participant numbers and preferred paces, attempts will be made to subdivide into pace groups to accommodate all levels of triathletes. Volunteer leaders will make sure the pace groups stay together and no one is left behind.
Links to the bike and run courses used for the Yo Heave Ho! - Booty Practice Weekend will be provided along with turn-by-turn instructions.
Visit the Courses page for photos and details of the event courses.
Sign up to participate in the Crystal Coast Full Booty or Half Booty Triathlon here.