About the Event
WHAT is the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day?
Join us for a day exploring the bike and run courses for the First Annual Crystal Coast Full and Half Booty Triathlon! On Booty Practice Day 2, groups will explore the HALF BOOTY bike course and the first 7.25 miles of the FULL and HALF BOOTY run course. Turn by turn instructions will be provided and GPS routes posted. Turn-by-turn instructions and routes will also be provided for any individual who wants to expore the FULL BOOTY bike course or more of the run course. Volunteers are requested to assist in leading the groups on the bike and/or run. The registration form allows you to indicate if you would be willing to help out as a group leader.
During your time in Beaufort for Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day 2, we encourage you to also visit the transition area to see how the start and finish for the swim, run, and bike.
Booty Practice Day Itinerary
- 7:30 am: Ride start
- Varying Start Times: Individuals can begin the run when they return from the bike. Cyclists will arrive in small groups at varying times throughout the morning.
Cost:There is no charge for participation in the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day. Participants are required to secure their own transportation and lodging. Participants must provide all their own hydration, nutrition, and mechanical support.
WHY join the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day?There are MANY possible reasons to participate in the Yo Heave Ho! Booty Practice Day!
- Focus your training for the May 12 event
- Ride or drive the bike course
- Run or drive the run course
- View the swim course
- View the transition area
- Meet other event participants
- Confirm your lodging plans
- Scout out other lodging opportunities
- Investigate attractions and activities for you and your support crew on event weekend
- Explore and experience local restuarants to build your event weekend itinerary
- Sample craft beers at Mill Whistle Brewing
- Enjoy a getaway weekend at the Crystal Coast!
WHO can Participate?
- Registration for the Crystal Coast Triathlon is NOT required to participate in the Booty Practice Day.
- Those who register are NOT required to participate in the ride or rungnated activities.
- Individuals may extend or repeat the ride or run course at their own preference.
Other DetailsThe Booty Practice Day is NOT SANCTIONED and not supported. Participants must be equipped to handle any individual mechanical, nutrition, and hydration needs during the practice ride and run.
Booty Practice Day registration is requested for planning and tracking purposes.
Links to the bike and run courses used for the Yo Heave Ho! - Booty Practice Day will be provided along with turn-by-turn instructions.
Visit the Courses page for photos and details of the event courses.
Sign up to participate in the Crystal Coast Full Booty or Half Booty Triathlon here.