About the Event
Experience one of North Carolina’s most beautiful parks while you and your family walk and run your first 5K at Dorothea Dix Park. A 1-mile event is also available. This fun family event features special family pricing and focuses on building happy and healthy families which makes it one of the top things to do in Raleigh!
Registration includes a soft cotton t-shirt you love to wear before, during or even after the race as well as a Pinwheel Temporary Tattoo as part of the Pinwheels for Prevention® national effort to raise awareness for child abuse prevention efforts. PLEASE NOTE: The registration deadline to receive a t-shirt has passed but, a limited number of shirts have been ordered. Sign up now and come to Pre-Race Packet Pick-Up for an opportunity to get a cool shirt! The race starts at 11:00, but feel free to come earlier as festivities begin at 10:30.
Online Registration closes Wednesday, October 23rd.
Both 5K and 1-Mile courses take place on the beautiful Dorothea Dix Park and feature downhill finishes.
In addition to the race, we will be celebrating PCANC's 40th year of strengthening families. Lots of festivities, food, and fun planned for the day!
Look who is joining us!
Kids Learning Carpentry – Interactive Project Booth
- Little Doodles Play Café – Interactive Arts and Crafts
- William J Preston DJ – Music
- Flower Child Face Painting – 2 painters/2 hours
- Marvelous Mister Mike Balloons
- Magic By David
- Clean Juice – juice samples
- Peloton - pre and post-warm-up/down rides
- Chicago J.Hot Dogs
- Kona Ice
- Safe Child – Speaking to the community about CBCAPP
- Bikers Against Child Abuse
- Raleigh Orthopedic – Onsite race care
- Alliance Health Care
- Photo backdrop for racers to take their photo